WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
- The Bravery Foundation is a Canadian CRA registered charity located in Kelowna, BC
- We provide humanitarian aid to Ukraine and support displaced Ukrainians, refugees and volunteers serving in Ukraine
- We issue tax receipts for donations $10 and over
Who created Bravery Foundation?
- Our founder, Bonnie Penner, created the foundation.
- Our foundation helped the first Ukrainian displaced family settle in Kelowna.
- We are based in Kelowna, British Columbia Canada.
- No, our founder is not Ukrainian and does not have family ties to Ukraine.
- As we continue our fundraising efforts we hope to achieve our goals and beyond.
- We have a 'Contact Us' page where you can connect with us.
- We have a 'Blog & News' page we update frequently with press releases, new stories and blogs related to Ukrainians.
- We are a CRA registered charity and issue tax receipts for initiatives that support our Constitutional Purposes.
- Charitable Tax Number: 742323207 RR0001
- Constitutional Charitable Purposes
- To relieve poverty by providing necessities of life, including food, clean water, clothing, medical supplies, medicine, protective gear and/or shelter to victims of war in Ukraine.
- To relieve poverty by providing necessities of life, including food, clean water, clothing, protective gear and/or shelter to needy immigrants and Ukrainian refugees and their families as well as offering financial assistance necessary for their relocation and settling in Canada and referring them to the appropriate resources, if necessary.
- To relieve poverty by providing financial assistance, to be used for necessities of life, to poor families of volunteers who quit their jobs to travel to Ukraine to help victims of war.
- To provide education, counseling and other support services to needy immigrants and Ukrainian refugees including job search programs, translation services, accompaniment and referral service during administrative procedures and information programs on Canadian culture and life in Canada.
- As an Canadian registered charity, we provide annual reports to the CRA Charities Directorate.
- We have a "Kindness Offer" page, where you can offer Ukrainian displaced persons/refugees located in the Okanagan a hands-up.
- We have a "Kindness Request" page, where you can receive help if you are a Ukrainian displace person/refugee re-located in the Okanagan.